About the OpenEDG Python Institute
The Python Institute is an independent non-profit project venture set up, run, and managed by OpenEDG, the Open Education and Development Group, to promote the Python programming language, train a new generation of Python programmers, and support professional careers in programming in Python and related technologies. In line with the strategic goals associated with the enhancement and development of careers in Python programming, OpenEDG Python Institute provides an independent global framework for curriculum development, skills assessment, and Python programming high-stakes examinations.
We work closely with schools, colleges, and universities, as well as companies, organizations, and institutions to help them fulfill their needs, goals, and commitments with regard to the Python language. Here are some of the ways we do that:
- Develop methodologies for teaching Python, create course content and help adapt curriculums and frameworks for course design and delivery to improve the quality of Python education;
- Develop frameworks and benchmarks for Python skills assessment, and perform Job Tasks Analyses (JTAs), Training Needs Analyses, Skills Gap Analyses, and market studies (qualitative and quantitative types of research) to analyze and understand the actual demand for Python and related technologies in order to bridge the gap between the education and industry sectors;
- Provide teaching and learning tools and resources for educational institutions and individual learners;
- Support and foster the development of the Python language and Python programming projects, support the work and mission of the Python Software Foundation, and promote the initiatives carried out by vibrant Python communities;
- Promote the development and implementation of open-source projects, especially those that address the needs and crises that exist in the world today.
Python is one of the most popular programming languages on the planet, adopted by and adapted for every sector and industry – from finance, to medicine, to gaming. The goal of the Python Institute is to supply every Python programmer, and every aspiring Python programmer, with the skills necessary to create Python content at a more advanced and professional level, following the best practices in programming.
OpenEDG Python Institute offers training courses at all levels of Python programming, from absolute beginner to advanced professional programmer, and just as Python itself is free and open-source, all the core online self-study courses offered by the Python Institute are free for everybody. OpenEDG Python Institute also offers independent and vendor-neutral certification in the Python Programming language, provided in cooperation with Pearson VUE, the world’s leader in computer-based testing.
Certification is now essential in most industries. As the world of software development has expanded, so too has the need for quality programmers, developers, and data analysts, and as the pool of employees grows, many employers now use certification as a screening tool. As well as displaying competence in a specialized field, certification demonstrates a commitment to continuous career and skills development. The Python Institute, through its rigorous certification process, allows highly-motivated programmers and data analysts to gain access to the best-paid, most interesting jobs in Python programming.