#stayhome, your health is top priority
Your health and safety is of utmost importance to us. We are following the recommendations provided by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as part of the global effort against COVID-19, and implementing measures that can help minimize the spread and impact of the coronavirus, and protect your welfare, health, and safety.
Changing people’s lives through education and supporting their careers in programming are and have always been an important and essential part of our global mission. That is why, in these difficult times, we are trying even harder to make it as safe as possible (and as easy as possible) for you to take advantage of our free online courses as well as certification programs, to assist you with your personal, academic and professional endeavors, and help you develop and assess your programming skills through our courseware and online testing services.
Edube Interactive – free online courses
Edube Interactive, our e-learning platform, is available globally and at no cost to everyone. You are more than welcome to enroll on the following self-study courses:
- Python Essentials – Part 1 (Beginner: https://edube.org/study/pe1)
- Python Essentials – Part 2 (Intermediate: https://edube.org/study/pe2)
- Advanced Perspective of Classes and Object-Oriented Programming in Python (Intermediate/Advanced: https://edube.org/study/pcpp1-1)
After completing the courses you will learn the essentials Python skills and prepare for PCEP and PCAP certifications that will help you get your foot in the door and land a job or start a career in software development, computer systems design, testing, security, networking, or the Internet of Things.
OpenEDG Testing Service – get certified at your home
Most testing centers around the world have suspended their operations or are operating at limited or changed capacity due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) epidemic.
In response to multiple requests from teachers, instructors, students, and professionals from all over the world, we have made a decision to enable test candidates to take the associate-level exam (PCAP-NP-31-02) online and attempt the qualification PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming from the comfort of their homes, without risking exposure to COVID-19.
Health and safety of test candidates is our highest priority, and that is why we are responding to these expectations by making our entry-level and associate-level certification exams available through OpenEDG Testing Service, an online delivery channel.
- PCEP – Certified Entry-Level Python Programmer certification program: OpenEDG Python Institute test candidates can register and take the PCEP-30-01 exam online via the OpenEDG Testing Service Platform available at https://edube.org.
- PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming certification program: OpenEDG Python Institute test candidates can now register and take the PCAP-NP-31-02 exam online via OpenEDG Testing Service Platform available at https://edube/org.
Both exams are provided in a non-proctored format. Test candidates must follow technical requirements and testing policies provided at:
- https://pythoninstitute.org/pcep-testing-policies/ (PCEP-30-01) and
- https://pythoninstitute.org/pcap-np-31-02-testing-policies/ (PCAP-NP-31-02).
Test candidates can purchase exam vouchers via the OpenEDG Voucher Store.
Test candidates who pass the PCAP-NP-31-02 exam will earn the qualification PCAP – Certified Associate in Python Programming.
The PCAP-NP-31-02 exam will be available online from April 10, 2020, to July 31, 2020 (with possibility of extension). We will continue to monitor the coronavirus-related situation and make decisions about test availability on a current basis.
We are working on an FAQ section that will cover the most frequently asked questions about your exams and COVID-19.
Why are we doing this?
We hope our initiative will help you get better access to our learning and testing services, regardless of where you are located, especially now in a time of uncertainty in global health, and in the face of a global crisis.
Please stay safe, look after each other, your families and your friends, and follow the recommended guidelines, so that the world can get ahead of the virus and we all can get back to a normal life.
OpenEDG Python Institute Team
Updated April 11, 2020